Friday, May 27, 2011

Skirting the Issue

With much encouragement from my fellow blogging fashionista's out there, I've made it my personal goal to wear more skirts and dresses this spring and summer- despite the fact that spring refuses to show it's lovely face.

I've decided to revisit my past clothing purchases and make them wearable. I originally purchased this fun fuschia and chocolate brown skirt for my honeymoon in Oahu. It was on clearance at our local JC Penney for $6! So I bought it's friend too- a nearly identical print in black and blue. I didn't own any light and flowy skirts before this and thought this would be perfect to toss over a tank or my swimsuit for a stroll on the beach or while out site-seeing. It's been hanging in my closet for almost 3 years- unworn. Sad, I know.


Brown Top (Charlotte Russe), Skirt (JCP, $6), Belt (Payless), Brown Bow Flats, Necklace/Earrings/Bracelets (Cookie Lee Jewelry by me)


Below is a close up of the detail on the Love Bird Necklace I'm wearing. It's from Cookie Lee's 2011 Spring/Summer Line. I absolutely love it. I'm kinda loving the highwaisted skirt look and the vintagey- accessories right now.  What about you?





Song of the Day: "Rockin' Robin"- Bobby Day

Speaking of Tweets- Have you checked out my TWITTER?
@BEJEWELED_BABE

1 comment:

  1. Adorable. I love the neckline on your top! SO cute.

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for calling on my blog. I love visitors! Please leave a message after the beep. **BEEP**