Saturday, March 26, 2011

5 Things Friday- Dry Shampoo- Love it? Hate it?

Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray 5 oz
Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo, Ulta, $23 for 5 oz


I'm guilty. I wash my hair everyday. Sometimes twice in a day, although very rarely. My stylist, Sarah has stongly urged me to ease up on the daily washings since I've started highlighting and lowlighting my hair. I always find it a struggle to go that extra day without shampooing. Usually I figure- "Hey! I'm in the shower, my hair's already wet- I might as well lather up!" But this as I'm told time and time again- can strip the moisture and color from your hair from the overwashing, and that it is healthy to have some oils in your hair. To me, my hair however feels gross within 24 hrs or less. I really think that the dry shampoo will help me greatly on my in between days. I've only just discovered dry shampoo a few wks ago and I love it so far! I picked up Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray. I asked the honest opinion of 3 separate Ulta Associates whilst wandering the isles in search of the perfect product. Normally I go for the lesser expensive version of a product if I've never tried it before. Who wants to drop $$ on a product that doesn't work for them or suit their beauty needs? Right? But this spray smelled so nice and fresh and didn't feel sticky on my skin. I figure I will actually use a product that I like, so that alone was worth the splurge. It works great and smells great. And keeps my roots from looking limp, and greasy.


Here are 5 others to try:
Au Naturel Dry Shampoo
Au Naturel Dry Shampoo, Sephora. $23 for 2.9 oz. 

TIGI Rockaholic DIRTY SECRET Dry Shampoo (6.oz)
TIGI Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo, Walgreens $21.99


Suave Dry ShampooTarget $2.69
Salon Grafix new Invisible Dry Spray Shampoo ($7, 4 oz. can).  Available at CVS, Walgreens


BigSexyHair Dry Shampoo, ULTA (In store only) $15


How often do you wash your hair? Have you tried dry shampoo? What has been your experience with it? Did you love or hate it? What are your tips for keeping your hair looking good in between washes?

2 comments:

  1. I can't wash my hair everyday, gets way to dry way to fast. I use an inexpensive dry shampoo on my "no wash" days. I actually find my hair styles so much easier on the second day! Try out some cute up-do's for your off day.
    Tiffany
    http://clothedcommuter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I've been alternating up and down so much more now. (Way more versatile now that I've grown out my A-line bob) The updo's really help on my 'off' days :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for calling on my blog. I love visitors! Please leave a message after the beep. **BEEP**