Thursday, March 24, 2011

Farewell Elizabeth...

Image: movieeye.com

Today the world said goodbye to the very beautiful and talented, Elizabeth Taylor. She was 79 years young and had been married 8 times to 7 different men. She had a wit about her and was known for not only her movies but also for her interviews and quotable moments. It's reported that her funeral was scheduled for 2pm and at her request she asked to have her ceremony start at 2:15 so that it could be said that she was actually "late to her own funeral". I love this woman and her sense of humor. She reminds me so much of my grandmother. And that is one thing we have in common. We were both named after our grandmothers. She after her grandmother, Elizabeth Mary and I after my Gran, Elizabeth Catherine. Mine however is my middle name. Today I truely realized how very little I really knew about this wonderful actress and now would like to know more.

Image: impawards.com
Some famous words of Elizabeth Taylor to inspire us all.
  • "Give. Remember to always give. This is the thing that will make you grow."
  • "My mother says I didn't open my eyes for eight days after I was born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked."
  • "When you're fat, the world is divided into two groups - people who bug you and people who leave you alone. The funny thing is, supporters and saboteurs exist in either camp."
  • "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."
  • “Success is a great deodorant. It takes away all your past smells.”
  • “I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I’m not afraid to look behind them.”
  • “I have a woman’s body and a child’s emotions.”
  • “If it is not to make the world better what is money for?”
  • “I’m a survivor – a living example of what people can go through and survive.”
  • “I’m not worried about dying. I consult with God, my maker. And I don’t have a lot of problems to work out. I’m pretty squared anyway.”
  • “It is very strange that the years teach us patience – that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.”
  • “I’ve been through it all, baby, I’m mother courage.”
  • "Big girls need big diamonds."
  • I am a very committed wife. And I should be committed too – for being married so many times."
  • I don’t pretend to be an ordinary housewife.
  • When the sun comes up, I have morals again.
  • I’ve only slept with men I’ve been married to. How many women can make that claim?
  • If someone’s dumb enough to offer me a million dollars to make a picture, I’m certainly not dumb enough to turn it down.
Quotes from IMBD.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for calling on my blog. I love visitors! Please leave a message after the beep. **BEEP**