Sunday, March 13, 2011

FBFF- Friend Friday- Time Management

            ModlyChic FBFF


Today's Friend Friday post focuses on Balancing. Balancing life and blog. I would like to thank Ms. Katy for providing the questions. If you'd like to see other FBFF blogger responses check them out over at ModlyChic . To participate in future FBFF posts <Click Here>

1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall?
My blog has become an outlet for my creativity. It allows me to incorporate the things I love: shopping, photography, fashion, writing, being crafty, and thrifting. I've only just recently been open to thrifting and I've found some lovely vintage and brand new pieces with tags still on them. Blogging for me is a passion. And for others it's their livelihood- wouldn't that be awesome to do someday?! I have my husband, my family, my friends, my day job M-F , my home business as jewelry consultant and stylist (evenings and weekends), and now my blog. I'm a busy girl and I try my very best to keep up with all aspects of everythings thats needed of me.

 
I just recently became a member of the IFB!


2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible? 
I take notes throughout the day as ideas come to me. A song that pops into my head, an outfit combo. I love that blogger allows us to have the ability to write a post ahead of time, save it as a draft and then schedule it to be posted at a set day and time. This works well for me for because I can create a simple outline and add to it. I hope to use this feature more. It will be much more helpful for the weekly post events. Because.. here I am responding to a Friend Friday on a saturday.


3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that make blogging easier or more time efficient? 
See answer to #2.

4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead? 
Not really. I make notes of any upcoming events I want to participate in. But other than that I just go with what comes to me. I might end up streamlining my to do's once I add more of my DIY's to my posts.


5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now? 
I would put together several outfits in advance and when I go to take pictures I would drive to more interesting locations to do my photos. But right now when I have less than an 8 min commute to and from work- gosh aren't I lucky? it just isn't realistic to drive all the way across town to do so. As time permits, I'd love to plan it out and select different locations to spice it up a bit. I'd also like more time to browse more blogs and comment. I am a firm believer in the "Do unto others" when it comes to blog love.


 How do you find time to do it all? We all have busy lives and duties to perform around home, school, work, kids, families. But how do we manage to find time to run a blog on top of all this. Sometimes I wonder that very question... I feel I'm devoting a bit of extra time- more than needed maybe to my blog right now because it is in it's crucial stages of developing from baby to toddler in blogging standards, that is. My blog has really helped me get out of my daily "scrubs-to-jammies-fashion-rut. I am taking more thought and consideration into the outfits I put together, which in turn makes me feel complete or more put together- for lack of a better word. My belief is if I "FEEL" good, I feel more confident. And that makes me a happier person inside and out.


Sweater: Old Navy
Jeans: Old Navy
Jewelry: Cookie Lee

Shadow makes her blogging debut!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for calling on my blog. I love visitors! Please leave a message after the beep. **BEEP**